Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Last Husker Post Until a New Coach


I lived 10 years of my formative years growing up in the heartland of Nebraska, aka "The Good Life." If you loved sports, you were given 2 choices, either become a Husker football fan or kill yourself. Either or. Since I chose to live, the past few years following the Cornhusker football program gradual demise has been painful.

Solich did get a raw deal on how was fired/treated by Slick Stevie P but I did not completely disagree with the need to overhaul the offensive system and talent level. Husker fans forget under the Solich/Turner Gill led offenses that when it was 3rd&long, you might as well brought out the punting unit as the Skers had ZERO chance to get a first down. Solich's conference road record was barely 500. The talents of Eric Crouch and Jamal Lord(Yes, Lord!) hid how low the offense had really fallen.

I gulped the Callahan 4 star recruits, pro system kool aid. I endured watching the 70-10 blowout to TTech and the bowl game streak snapped because I thought it was what every program had to go thru in order to be reborn. USC, ND, Michigan, Oklahoma all went through these revival phases. Currently, the former dominant programs of FSU, Miami, and ND are in a state of flux.

After watching the 2006 Callahan team continually get outplayed in the second half and illustrating his inability to make adjustments, Billy C proved to be more sizzle than steak. I give credit to my man Dirty Laundry to unmasking these Billy C used car salesman characteristics to me. Another off season of hyping up recruits(AGAIN) over success on the field continued to cement these beliefs.

I argued the only way NU would ever get back to legitimately contending for national titles under this coaching staff would be to pile up more talent than other teams because I was convinced they were not going to out coach the opposing teams.

I thought Nebraska would lose 3-5 games this season but at least compete in their defeats. How wrong I was and who knew this would be the worst Nebraska defensive I have ever seen in my lifetime. Thus, until they allow less than 30 points again, I will no longer call them the blackshirts.

I have had several posts lately on the dismal state of Husker football. I started a Fire Steve Pederson blog and 10 days later he was packing his bags with Dr. Tom returning to save the program.

My point of posting the silly volleyball pictures was a futile attempt of actually MAYBE some public humiliation would get the pinkshirts to play with some heart vs A&M. 500 yards, 36 points and another embarrassing home loss later, NU football was still the laughing stock of college football. Hell, my Keller pictures were posted so fans could be proud to know that their QB was scoring some fine tail but that backfired as Keller struggled mightily against the Aggies.

I hope Dr. Tom hires outside the family(My man Notorious DEK can give you his outside the family rant). If I had any say, Auburn's D Coordinator Will Muschamp would already have a wink/wink offer on his desk, ready to be signed next month. I would find out if Cal's Jeff Tefford had any interest and throw the First National Building at him to be the next coach.

Dennis Erickson's coached Sun Devils are proving that the whole house does not have to be destroyed in order to be rebuilt quickly.

4 games remain, at Texas, at KU, KState, at Colorado. No victories appear certain and Nebraska likely will be heavy underdogs in every game. 4-8 season is probably the final outcome. The whole fan base is actually wanting the season to end. I do not blame them as the weekend nightmare continues on repeat over and over. The past 3 Big 12 offensive players of the week earned their honors by playing Nebraska. UT could make it 4. I actually feel its going to get much worse before it gets any better.

The Dumbest Coach in America is pretty much begging to be fired and maybe this Lou Holtz pep talk video can inspire the Huskers to bring some effort against Texas on Saturday. I have no idea what Holtz is talking about(I still think racism and sexism exist) but it sure is entertaining.



Thanks to FanIQ for the tip

Mac Gs World

2 comments:

notorious DEK said...

I officially love Lou Holtz now... Lou Holtz for Prethadent!!!

C. Brahkowski said...

I was at the game on Saturday and your boys played their asses off. It was a battle...and one that you guys won for three quarters.