Thursday, September 13, 2007

Austin City Limits Music Festival

Austin is one of the cooler must visit cities on this planet. I could live there tomorrow and it gives you the feeling that you are not in the mess called Texas. My one trip to Austin was about the only positive thing I salvaged from a tumultuous relationship with this Spurs fan girl. I would elaborate in greater detail but I believe her sibling is one of Mac Gs World's number one fans so I will pass for now.

Austin City Limits Music Festival is this weekend and the lineup is SICK! The webcast will be streaming live on the AT&T Blue Room. I hope the At&T Censor Masters will allow free speech on the ACL stream unlike what they did to Pearl Jam at Lollapalooza.

Eddie Vedder said what an overwhelming majority of Americans already agree with: Bush sucks at his job and the war needs to end.
They edited his anti Bush lines from the broadcast. LAME!

Regardless, here are the bands that I would watch each day. Here is the Blue Room link and the ACL Link

Day 1, Friday 9/14 Must See Music Acts
Bela Fleck
JJ Grey and MoFro
LCD Soundsystem
M.I.A
Queens of Stone Age
Spoon
Reverend Horton Heat
The Killers

Day 2, Saturday 9/15, Must See Music Acts
Railroad Earth
Cold War Kids
Artic Monkeys
Damon Rice
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Arcade Fire

Day3, Sunday 9/16, Must See Music Acts
The National
Sound Tribe Sector Nine
Grace Porter and the Nocturnals
Robert Earl Keen
Common
Patterson Hood
Rose Hill Drive
Wilco
My Morning Jacket
Ziggy Marley
The Decemberists
Bob Freaking Dylan

I am missing tuns of bands that I have never seen before that are probably pretty good.

Enjoy the Show. Word, Mac G.

Eddie Vedder Censored by AT&T
Austin City Limits Music Festival
ACL Music Festival Streaming Live
Everyone Knows Bush Blows!

Mac Gs World

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JJ Cale will Not be at this event. It's JJ Grey.