This Ad for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics would be a clever way for NBC win over the 18-34 year old demographic.
All stoners know BC bud is delicious too so it makes even more sense.
HT: Hail Mary Jane
Thursday, February 04, 2010
Monday, February 01, 2010
A Minneapolis TV station reported today that Twins All Star catcher Joe Mauer was about to agree to a 10 year contract with the club. This imminent land mark decade long deal was soon refuted:
A major league source told FanHouse's Ed Price that the club is "pecking away" at an extension, and the feeling within the organization is that a deal will get done eventually, "but [it] will be a battle."
On semi-related news, the following video should help personalize Mauer and reaffirm his status as King of the Twin Cities. Oh, it is pretty damn funny too.
Chevy should sign Mauer to an ad deal pronto.
Video HT: Think4Yourself
President Obama attended Georgetown's bitch slapping of Duke on Saturday afternoon at the Verizon Center. The President held his own during an in game interview with CBS announcing team Clark Kellogg and Verne Lundquist. My favorite part was Obama buttering up Kellogg with praise and then immediately talking trash. Check out the classic off the cuff stuff from Prez #44.
- With this insensitive and inflammatory rhetoric, Paul Shirley must be attempting to audition as guest host for Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck. The Sporting Blog
- Ashely from Rock of Love sheds her clothes at numerous strip clubs. Don Chavez
- Picture Recap of the experience of attending Washington Capitols game in DC. Friends of the Program
- NFL is showing their true greedy existence with their Who Dat copyright claims over the Saints catchy fan slogan. Funny comments by a Judge on the matter can be found at SBNation. Die hard Saints fan, Cajun Boy, has some understandably harsh words on the NFL's prickish behavior.
- Kentucky star basketball player Patrick Patterson has a status update for all the haters leaving critical messages on his facebook page after the Wildcats loss to South Carolina. Kentucky Sports Radio
- Bryce Harper, a teenage baseball phenom and likely number one pick in next year's draft, made his collegiate debut over the weekend. When you are a Nats fans, these are the kind of things that give you a sliver of hope. The Nats Blog
- The beautiful Veronika London gets my approval for Thigh of the Week. Sharapova's Thigh
- Rush Limbaugh does not want to be alive anymore. Perfect. The Onion
- Roger Ebert's spectacular writing on the relationship with his friend and fellow legendary movie critic, Gene Siskel. Chicago Sun Times
- Cell Phones might be hazardous to your health and if proven overwhelmingly true, my guess is Wireless Corporations would pull a plot line from Michael Clayton to cover it up. GQ
- The Onion has reported that a major crash in California has spilled all of VH1's "sluts" along the highway. Huff Po
- One of my favorite bands, Widespread Panic, released their 2010 Spring Tour. Widespread Panic
- This is the kind of contest that I could get behind, pun intended. "The search for the best bottom in the world." American Apparel
- Former Colts standout WR Marvin Harrison is living out some American Gangsta life in Philly. GQ