Friday, February 22, 2008

Fryday

The weather today in the nation's capitol is cold/rainy and my head is killing as the hangover from tap beer sucks.

I just spent 430 dollars on 8 concert tickets to 2 April DC Widespread Panic shows at the Warner Theater and $85.50 of it went to Ticketbastard because their service is SO essential to the concert experience.

It now costs $10.05 "convenience" charge per ticket and $5.10 per order for a processing fee. I am sure the extra change(.15 cents total) was added to offset higher milk, bread and gas prices. Damn Inflation and Gordon Gecko.

Good times at the Will Leitch Book Event. He was very funny and witty. I initially stalked him paparazzi style with my camera, mumbled like an awestruck fan when introducing myself and then later shot the breeze with him while having some drinks at a bar in Gtown.

It is very refreshing to see Will's success has not swelled up his head and he takes time to listen to dudes like myself blab about their lame stories/blogs. Maybe it is the midwestern boy in him.

Also, I met some other "bloggers," who were actually cool and even one attractive female. Yes, there were girls there, well like 2 but still more than I expected.

I well have more later about the event with pictures, it is time for some Advil.

Here is a reward for those reading about my bitching and this video had me visioning my new golf SWING this summer.

2 comments:

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Please tell me Mac G that they got some better looking bartenders at Ole Glory. I was there during the summer and I couldn't believe how pathetic the talent was.

Mac G said...

Actually, the talent was the hot coed poon that started to roll in. It is when I noticed that the blogger party was officially over.

Bartenders were mostly old and dudes.