Thursday, July 03, 2008

"It's All Rumor"


My legendary man crush Brett Favre is back in the news with speculation he wants to unretire and return to the Packers. I am getting called out for a response in the sports blog world and by my friends. Honestly, I have no idea what to feel at all. I spent the whole off season mourning his retirement and preparing myself for the "Mullet with a Bullet" era to begin.

It is like you spent a good chunk of time mentally getting over an ex-girlfriend after years of her threatening to leave you and then to have her jump back in your life to request another whirl. The sex was GREAT and her body was dynamite so it is tempting to hop back in the saddle.

If my choices are to watch number 4 for Packers or another team, it is a no brainer. I could never deal with him playing for another squad. Packers GM, Ted Thompson and Favre have never had a good relationship. This comeback news does put Thompson in a no win situation.

Favre can still play, he is a known commodity compared to Rodgers and this Packers team is stacked for a title run. I do not believe the "distraction" angle of this story at all either and most current Packers would love to have Favre back.

I am still as emotionally confused as the baby of the transgender man will be someday soon.

Favre most likely will stay retired but I will don the Favre jersey again in heartbeat if needed this fall.

I am an easy FudgePacker slut.

Packer frustration
Favre might unretire
Favre asked for release?
Favre called out by sports blog world

1 comment:

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

I hope this doesn't turn into a recurring event every season the way Roger Clemens pulled his shit on everybody. I expect Favre to be better than that. We will see.