Thursday, April 09, 2009

Oh My God, Do You Feel the Storm of Rainbows?

This video is actually real and not a parody. The lightning bolts are my favorite part.



Thank God the overwhelming majority of the younger generation understands that gay people just want equal civil rights and the state to recognize their loving relationships like it does to straight couples. Traditional marriages will never be under "attack," nor will any of our "rights."

This has nothing to do with church sponsored religion at all. When did Jesus tell other humans to discriminate against each other? I must have missed that part in Sunday school while my mind was focusing on whether or not Jimmy the Greek's Sunday NFL picks were reliable. (My gambling addiction started at a real young age.)

Matt Yglesias highlights some ridiculous logic parts of the video.

We not only don’t have Jim Crow anymore, but we teach people that racism is wrong. This is, it’s true, a big imposition on racists. And people who don’t like gay people can be legitimately concerned that the spread of gay equality will create an environment in which their children are less likely to share their own prejudices.

On the other hand, that’s all pretty tautological. But what’s the deal with the woman who says “I’m a California doctor forced to choose between my faith and my job”? What is it she wants to do? Does her faith prohibit her from giving medical care to gays and lesbians? That sounds like a pretty sick faith. And a clear violation of existing medical ethics anyway.

No comments: