Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to the Mac G Attack

I apologize to my 10 MGsW Homeys for my lack of posts recently. I am still knee deep in Poon and it is very hard to keep my head above this deadly Poon water. I did not take seriously the "swim at your own risk" Poon warnings. I can finally take some breaths and here are some links from around the series of tubes.

Agent Zero is my MAN! Gil has a new blog up about his plans to come out with 20 new Gil20 sneakers and drop unique pairs in different cities when he plays. Be sure to check out some of his older blogs where he just CRUSHES Richard Jefferson for giving money to Arizona in order for them to name a practice court after him and how Arenas is the best recent pro Wildcat.

In another post, he details of how he fought with his girlfriend/baby mama and how he had to sleep at the gym for a week. It is very funny and do not take his love advice. I heart Big Game Gil Arenas.

LT or LDT has his truck up for sale on Ebay. No word if Norv Turner will find a way to sabotage the auction. (100% Injury Rate)

Here is an excellent coverage of the Austin City Limits music festival held last weekend. I know I missed out on a memorable trip and instead watched my college team's get pulverized. Recaps include: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Coverage of the Fire, and More ACL links, Here and Here. (Hidden Track)

Mac G is a registered DC voter, which means I have no representation in Congress. ZIPPO! NADA! Total BS. Even though DC has more population than Wyoming and is one of the most powerful cities in the FN world, I have no Senators or Representative.

Do you think the people who live London, Moscow, Tokyo or Mexico City have no voting rights in their legislative branches of government? No Way. DC voters/citizens pay federal taxes but their only representative, Eleanor Holmes Norton, has no vote in the House so she is pretty much useless. I will save my lengthy 2,000 word manifesto on this topic for another time.

Today, bipartisan legislation reached the Senate to give DC a representative in the House and create a seat for Utah as well. This was to balance out the political fall out. DC should have 2 Senators as well and be considered a state but for now, I will take the lone bone the good old Nanny US congress was throwing my fellow DC residents' way.

In true obstructionist form, Senate Republican minority leader, Mitch McConnell, placed a filibuster threat on the bill. This required a minimum 60 votes to overcome the filibuster(called cloture) and it fell short by 3 votes.

The DC Voting rights bill would have passed the Senate if called to the floor and this is the same type of maneuvering which prevents the war from ending.
Here is the Live Blog, Sen. Byrd's non vote bitch move, the conclusion of what now?

A Florida student was tasered at Q&A with John Kerry. Check the video out. (More Credible)

I watched a great movie documentary over the weekend, Iraq for Sale. I have placed the trailer down below and it sheds more light on the most under reported story of the current war, aside from Saudi nationals killing over half of our US troops, is the lack of true oversight on the US contractors in Iraq.

If I can ever start swimming past the poon, I have a huge post in the works on all of these consultants milking our tax dollars, with little results and the major privatization of this war.

One of the most controversial contractors is Blackwater, a private US security company who operates in Iraq on government contracts with the state department. The same day I was watching this video, Blackwater came under criticism for having a fire fight in the Iraqi streets by killing 10 civilians, injuring 13.

The Iraqi government is pissed, wants them out of the country and an Iraqi judge requests for them to stand trial in Iraq. The problem is that contractors may be immune from prosecution under a measure conceived by the US-led Coalition Provisional Authority not long after the March 2003 invasion. US citizens can only be held trial in the US and not Iraq. I am sure this news should help spur more "progress" reports for the Iraqi people. Read more from Talking Points Memo.

I am going to buy this book about Blackwater by Jeremy Schaill.
Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the backlash once Tuscaloosa and the rest of the SEC realize SEC Poon is now run by a left-winger.

Ace Cowboy said...

Thanks for posting the Hidden Track links...you did miss a great time!