Friday, November 16, 2007

Wacky Wildcat Thursday


(Above Pix Courtesy of Pac Ten Poon)

November 15th turned out to be a crazy sports day with Bonds being indicted, Arod agreeing to terms with Yankees, and Oregon losing its grasp on one of the pole position spots for the BCS title game.

Something just smells fishy with this whole Bonds thing. I know my opinion is a minority one but 4 years for a grand jury on a perjury charge seems quite excessive and a waste of government resources.

Then again this is the US Justice Department that we are discussing and their reputation in 2007 is lower than Bonds’ or the president's approval ratings.

Maybe this indictment came about because Bonds’ trainer Greg Anderson finally decided to spill the beans on shooting Barry up as Anderson was let out of jail yesterday. I have bunch of Selig/MLB/White House conspiracy theories that I will keep to myself for now.

However, the lesson to be learned is DO NOT LIE TO THE FEDS, Period!
Marion Jones, Scooter Libby, and now Bonds could have used that advice.

What does Scott Boras feel like waking up today? I wonder what he is having for breakfast since he has so much egg on his face. ZING!

Granted, dude is loaded and cares less about my lowly opinion. Either this is some genius marketing ploy by Boras/Arod or Arod just publicly served his ass. I am going with the latter.

It’s a win, win for AROD. 275-300 million, longer contract and the ability to break the home run record as a Yankee. Punking Boras was the only way he could attempt to rescue his image from being the face of greed in America. Oh, Arod better keep mashing too.

My boy Scott commented to me that Boras would need Blackwater’s protection on his next visit to Manhattan. I agree and if you want more insight into the world of Super Agent Scott Boras read this fascinating New Yorker article from last month. After reading it, I could not determine if I hated Boras’ guts or if I admired his intelligent tenacity.

(Pix from Oreogonian on Flickr)

Could there have been a worse outcome for the Ducks last night? Lose the game, a shot at the national title, the Pac 10 conference lead, and their Heisman trophy candidate. OUCH!

My favorite part of the game other than the Ryan Leaf sighting was the Arizona students charging onto the field prematurely with 4 minutes left in the game. Thousands of them waited on the sidelines for at least 10-15 minutes.

How does this happen? I have charged a few fields in my day and you wait until the game is almost over.

I could not stop laughing as I was watched this Wildcat student, who was jumping around and had no shoes on, slap a Wildcat player on the shoulder pads “good job” as the player came off the playing field.

It was classic and I am still trying to find pictures/video of the students waiting on the sidelines. Here is the video from Awful Announcing of the students rushing the field as the game ended.

The party could still be raging in Tuscon as cocaine is a helluva drug.

I heart college football.

(Photo, Alan Fullmer, The Arizona Daily Wildcat Newspaper)

Mac Gs World

No comments: