Friday, December 21, 2007

Tis the Season- Mac G Endorsements

Since Tis the holiday season, I wanted to spread some Mac G goodwill. When I am not I posting You Tube clips of drunk people or scantily dressed women, I do write on this blog(remember that?) and I pimp out things that I enjoy. Movies, Music, TV shows,Beer, Sports Teams, etc.

Currently, I make very little(none)money on this blog so my personal recommendations are not mirages to shill for purely monetary gain.

Before Mac G's World sells out(Where you at Jack Daniels?)and thus loses valuable street/blogger cred, I wanted to highlight the magnificent work of some buddies.

Over the next few weeks, I will also "endorse" my favorite writers, musicians, DVDs, and whatever other random thing pops into my head.

The Inaugural Mac G endorsement is to my boy D at DEEZ DECKS. He hand-paints custom skateboard decks and they are fabulous pieces of art.

I have 2 decks, the Marley one pictured above and a board with the 6 original members of Widespread Panic, up at my own place. D has this art form mastered and they make great gifts for any occasion.

All decks are reasonably priced and easy to set up in your pad.

Have you tried to get a poster framed recently? Be prepared to bend over and grab your ankles upon entry at those framing stores. It cost me 250 bones to get three posters framed at Michaels awhile back and this was with the supposed 50% off too.

All you need is a hammer and a few nails as the decks come with holes that you can safely pound through into your wall. You could also balance it with one nail and some wire. Bam, Donedee.

D's fly work has a music theme to it but he is multi talented to all types of design. I think my next 2 board requests are Gilbert Arenas and Barack Obama.

Check out a few of his pieces down below and they are also available at his My Space profile and pictures.

If you do not have a My Space account, and need more pictures, email thegolden@comcast.net











No comments: