Monday, November 17, 2008

Barry O Wants a College Football Playoff

President-Elect Barack Obama was interviewed on 60 minutes last night. Here is a funny exchange about his mother in law and the new future puppy that our county is obsessed over already.


Obama went on to reinforce his desire for a college football play off and I am positive greedy BCS college presidents chuckled to themselves because they have no intention of ever relinquishing their guaranteed money to fulfill the desires of college football fans. It makes too much sense.

I was unable to locate the video yet but here is the transcript.

KROFT:
I have one last question. As president of the United States, what can you do, or what do you plan to do, about getting a college football playoff for the national championship?

B. OBAMA: This is important. Look -- excuse me for a second.

B. OBAMA: I think any sensible person would say that, if you’ve got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season, and many of them have one loss or two losses, there’s no clear decisive winner, that we should be creating a playoff system.

Eight teams -- that would be three rounds to determine a national champion. It would add three extra weeks to the season. You could trim back on the regular season. I don’t know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this. So, I’m going to throw my weight around a little bit. I think it’s the right thing to do.

No comments: