Friday, June 15, 2007

Agent Zero Bike Rides through DC


Mac G will admit to having a serious man crush on Gilbert Arenas. My fondness for Agent Zero was cemented forever last month. Mac G was one of 2000 lucky fans to receive an autograph jersey (personalized with Mac G) and shoe. It cost only 25 bucks for shipping and I was like a 6 year old on Christmas morning opening that package.

Agent Zero's blogs have been must reads in the sports blogosphere, giving fans rare insight into his unique brain. Plus, they are truly high entertainment. Gil did not disappoint with his most recent blog post. He writes about his rehab, his Halo team's success, going on vacation to Tahiti, and wanting a reality show. My favorite part is him admitting to riding his bike around DC. It is great.

Bicycle Built for Zero
I had to get motion back in my legs and get the strength back up so I’ve been biking probably about 18 miles every two to three days.

Me and my trainer have been doing it for the past three summers.

My fear that I was having was falling, that was my biggest fear – falling on my leg. Wouldn’t you know, we were riding on the freeway and I had to get off and go on the pike towards the airport and Crystal City. The people behind me were too close so I couldn’t break and I had to just jump the curb going at least 15 miles an hour.

Whoo! That wasn’t a pretty sight. I had grass stains and all sorts of stuff. I fell on my good leg so it was nothing to worry about. All the cars were stopping and asking, “You alright?” I was like, “Yeah, you know, my ego is hurt but that’s about it.”

I wasn’t wearing a bike helmet. The only people who wear bike helmets are 13-year old girls and Tony Hawk, but that’s skateboarding and he’s doing flips and stuff. I’m going straight. Ha, well I guess I did end up doing a flip off my bike, but it wasn’t a planned one.

Some people recognize me. Sometimes they’ll be shocked like, “Was that him?! I think it was! Why is he riding a bike?!”

Or they’ll just wave. One time I was riding along this street and a bus went by and all the kids on the bus seen me. So, we were going down hill and I was actually moving with the bus, so anytime the bus stops, I’m going past the kids. What happened was, once the bus got about three exits in front of me, the kids all got off. So when I came they stopped me for autographs and then waited for the next bus to come and got on that one.

Gil's Blog
BulletsForever
Jersey/Shoe Giveaway
Gil Spotted Bike Riding in Downtown DC

No comments: