Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today in 07

Mac G's World plans to have an ongoing segment of posts called "Today in 07." These will focus on events of our world or pop culture that could only take place in current day 2007. I heart the 90s debuted on MGsW last week. It might appear to have a 3rd segment focusing on Closeted Gay Republicans trolling in bathrooms and blowing sleeping dudes. Trust me I do not.

I have a MySpace account and I check it from time to time. I have done my best to avoid becoming a crackspace addict. MySpace is a good way to keep in touch with people and stalk people that you just met! I am always checking out new bands or keeping up to date with my favorite music groups.

When I first signed up to MySpace, I had a friend request from this girl that I grew up with and I never was good friends with her so I denied her request. I had not seen this girl in at least 10 years or maybe more. She went crazy, started messaging all of my hometown friends on their myspace pages and talking trash about me. I found it hysterical and I could have cared less. She has 4 kids with 3 different dudes and I was ready to fire away some message to her like "leave me alone, little Sally needs changed, stop spreading your legs, whore." Finally, I reached out the olive branch and asked her to become my friend, it was the only way to end this dumb madness. She accepted and made some sarcastic comment, whore.

My point is that all of sudden becoming or denying someone as your MySpace friend became a new social pressure. Even who you list as your top friends can cause friction between friends.

Since this incident, I have not denied a friend request to anyone that I knew already but it turns out maybe I should have. On MySpace, you can write bulletins, which basically go out to all of the people on your friends list. It is like a massive Spam Email. They are very popular communication methods to send information to wide range of people instantly. Bands are constantly sending updates.

I received this bulletin from a girl I grew up with.

I BET THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF YOU ON MY FRIENDS LIST THAT DONT EVEN BOTHER TO READ MY BULLETINS. SO THIS IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO. WHEN I SEE THAT ONE OF YOU HAVE REPOSTED THIS I WILL GIVE YOU A PICTURE COMMENT. SO THIS IS JUST TO PROVE WHO IS AND WHO IS NOT A TRUE MYSPACE FRIEND. SO IF YOU THINK YOUR A GOOD MYSPACE FRIEND REPOST THIS. AND IF YOU DONT THINK YOUR A GOOD MYSPACE FRIEND DONT BOTHER TO REPOST THIS. THIS IS JUST TO KNOW WHO UR TRUE MYSPACE FRIENDS ARE.....repost this as "To ALL my MySpace Friends"

I have no idea how to respond to this at all. There is a slight possibility that she might have been MySpaced hacked and this was sent by someone else.

Or she is NUTS and just threatened all of her MySpace to admit they read her JC bulletins.

Today in 07.

Mac Gs World

No comments: